Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 samurai and its not getting fuel i replaced the fuel filter and pump and checked all the lines when i turn the key the fuel pumps turns on for a couple seconds then turns off again any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Try cranking it with the fuse in the diagnostic slot and watching for codes, if the ECU doesn't see spark then it cuts fuel. The pump will turn on for three seconds and then go off until you crank it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 91 samurai and its not getting fuel i replaced the fuel filter and pump and checked all the lines when i turn the key the fuel pumps turns on for a couple seconds then turns off again any help will be appreciated
Does it run or fire at all? My 90 was acting like it wasn't getting fuel as well. New filter, checked fuel pressure at the throttle body, etc; wasn't the fuel system. I could get it to run for short periods by pouring a little gas down the TB (I don't recommend this), but it would still die and crank, crank, crank. Turned out to be the ECM. I did check the codes as suggested and got an all clear. Ended up having the ECM capacitors replaced...pretty common failure in the early Samurai FI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts