Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I hear the M13A Ignis engine is exactly the same for a swap into non VVT engine Jimny of same year.

Has anyone done this and know what bolt-on parts are different and is the top engine mount different for Auto to Manual like the Ignis, Manifolds, Alternators, .....?

In the Ignis, for the Auto engine mount, it has through bolts and the Manual has studs set in the Timing Case Cover, as the mounts are different heights.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I don't know anyone who has done that swap. A number of people have swapped the 1.5 or 1.6 engine into the Jimny so I have no doubt that the 1.3 swap will also be simple. Usually all the Jimny manifolds and accessories are used and the sump and oil pick up is swapped over.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually all the Jimny manifolds and accessories are used and the sump and oil pick up is swapped over.
Thanks yes, makes complete sense to me, as long as the engine block is the same, just swap stuff. I actually didn't think about the sump and oil pick up, but did think of all the other stuff above that could need to be swapped.

The 1.3 must be the poverty-pack option in the Jimny!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The 1.3 must be the poverty-pack option in the Jimny!
Sadly its the only option, hence the popularity of the 1.5/1.6 engine swap. In Aus they also get an M18A engine option in the Liana which, by all accounts, makes a very rapid Jimny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts