Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Very nice looking. But 10" wide rims is too wide on 10.5" wide tires. Increases the chances of the tire coming off the rim while deflated. I've also got American Racing, but they're 8" wide with 12.5" wide tires. Here's a pic.

Question, on what is that hi-lift jack mounted in the rear? Is it a tire carrier or on the door itself?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i built a support on the inside of the tailgate and drilled it out and used one of the highlift brackets to attach it to the tailgate, but youve gotta make sure to re-enforce the inside of the tailgate or it will rip right off

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and as for the tire coming off the rim, we dont have much sand where im at, lots of rock so i usually run at least 25lbs of air in em, like this soil is about as loose as it gets around here, i was streching before the lift:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
with the 10.50 tire, he's got a 8.5 inch tread width. so the sidewall is stretched about 2 inches. That gives him the same contact patch as a 12.50 tire but a much shorter sidewall. This helps out with the no-rubbing situation, since his tire comes in at closer to a 30" tire. On the down side, like you guys pointed out, he has to keep his tires aired up or he'll pop a bead. Rock crawling is best done with aired down tires, but driving on rocky terrain (not crawling over bolders) is best done with with air in your tires. So depending on how he drives in the rocks makes a big difference. With the tires wraped on the rim so snug you are using some of your sidwall as a contact patch when off roading. you need to be sure you have a strong "thick ply" sidewall to help prevent punctures.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i built a support on the inside of the tailgate and drilled it out and used one of the highlift brackets to attach it to the tailgate, but youve gotta make sure to re-enforce the inside of the tailgate or it will rip right off
I see ... yeah it sure will. My concern is the henges, will they take all that extra weight.

and as for the tire coming off the rim, we dont have much sand where im at, lots of rock so i usually run at least 25lbs of air in em, like this soil is about as loose as it gets around here, i was streching before the lift:)
Yeah that sand isn't so soft :) But as Bill said, you need to deflate even on rocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. im only new to 4wd and jus recently bought a sierra. What are those gaurds called on the yellow suzuki, where can i get them and how much do they cost?
Thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi. im only new to 4wd and jus recently bought a sierra. What are those gaurds called on the yellow suzuki, where can i get them and how much do they cost?
Thanks.
They're called fender flares. Mine are from Bushwacker, and I got them from Lowrangeoffroad.com

You can also get round ones, that maintain the stock looks of the car but cover up the larger tires, they are cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I want a set of bushwackers, but they're so dang expensive... so are some of the other wider fender flares... 300 bucks is just too much money for me to justify on my tight budget. They look great though... just wish they didn't charge so much for them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I want a set of bushwackers, but they're so dang expensive... so are some of the other wider fender flares... 300 bucks is just too much money for me to justify on my tight budget. They look great though... just wish they didn't charge so much for them.
I totally agree :( Unfortunately I just couldn't help myself, I HAD to get it. It just completely transforms the looks of the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts