Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! They changed out my 6 valve motor and tranny for a 12 valve.
It will not shift out of low, and there is no rpm indication.
Somewhere I read that the RPM reading is used to control shift, but cannot find it now.
Is fordham still on here?

·
Super Moderator
12,172 Posts
Yes, I am, but I don't know how much help I can be in this case - what vehicle are we discussing, and is it carbed or fuel injected? I'm guessing automatic transmission - is it electronically controlled?

·
Registered
60 Posts
newsavedone Agree with fordem. Need more details on the motor trans you have. IF it's the one I think it is the ECU/wiring harness needs to be changed also. Again IF you have what I think. In either case. The ecu also handles trans shifting via the electromagnetic valves in the trans valve body. Tach sig comes off the cam sensor.

I am (assuming) you have the EFI distributorless system

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it fixed, thanks for an explication, I was trying to find a short answer for my mec's son. The father got back home, and fixed it. The transmission, and 6 valve motor was changed to a 12 valve. There are NO parts for 6 valve here now. Mine has an inter cooler, and turbine, ran good, faster than a BMW in a quarter mile, but with no parts, waqs stuck on this island afraid to go to Cebu proper because no 6 valve mecks, or parts there.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts