Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... I am new to the forum and I am hoping someone can help me with engine troubles in my '91 Samurai. While investigating a rich mixture / rough idle issue, I noticed a small vaccuum line on the intake which appeared to be damaged and possibly leaking. While the engine was running, I moved the line and it broke off... opening the small vac port into the intake. The engine immediately raced as you would expect... as I reached for the key to shut down... the engine stopped on it's own. Now I have no fuel delivery at the TBI. Teaspoon of gas in the TB starts briefly... but no action on the injector. I checked the ECU... it has already had the customary capacitor(s) replacement and I don't see any sign of further issues on the board. Checked the TPS... tests are good... only 3.41v on the WOT lead. Fuel pressure is good. ECU shows code 12 both when key on and when cranking. It seems that the vaccuum leak caused the ECU to stop the injector. I see my 1 ohm on the injector coil... but struggling to find a NOID test lamp to check signals. Checked the injector leads for continuity back to the ECU and tests OK. Suspect no control voltage coming from ECU. Could the broken vaccuum line have caused a component failure on the ECU? Or am I missing a "reset" somewhere? Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Issue resolved

It turns out my ECU was defective. I exchanged mine for a refurbished ECU from Masterkit1 in Montreal. Their support was rock solid in that they helped me further diagnose the issue to the point I was very confident my ECU was bad. I shipped them mine via regular mail and 5 business days later I had the replacement. It worked perfectly and resolved the various issues I had been having prior to the complete failure. I highly recommend these folks - here is their link: Masterkit1 - Computers (ECM) - Samurai. Once I had this issue behind me I began a frame-off restoration and am now re-assembling. Looking forward to being on the trails again this spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts