Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Not sure whether this topic goes in samurai or sidekick put I have recently done an engine swap taking a 1600 16 valve 1991 engine from an Escudo (Sidekick) and stuck it in my sammy.
So I've got the engine in, Everything hooked up, Took out the unnecessarys from the wiring loom and hooked it up.

It all seemed sweet as, Every plug had a home.
We tried to start it up today and the engine will turn over but it wont start running.
We took a spark plug out and pushed it against the earthed engine and it didn't spark until we stopped turning the engine over. and this would keep happening most of the time, no spark until you turn the key back.
I have checked the windings of both coils and the reading seems about right.
The only things I haven't dealt with yet is the speed sensor wire and the engine check wire. So when I turn the key none of the usual lights come on, ie fuel, oil, engine ect.

So do you have any idea what I may have missed or have done wrong with no whole no spark issue?

Cheers, Kent

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
doing the 16V swap on a samurai isn't too hard untill you get to the wiring harness. Most likely you pulled something you shouldn't have pulled. What spec sheet did you use for your wiring harness modification, or did you just try and figure it out on your own?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used one from Autodata
I got it printed off while I was down at the mechanics and everything is quite clear and I traced every wire from the ecu to the plug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts