Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Have a 1992 fuel injected suzuki samurai, Today i sprayed the whole motor with engine degreaser ,I washed it all off with a pressure washer .I went to start it and it started right up, As it was idiling it just died about 2 minutes after I had started it .It would not and will not start not.No spark , not even from the coil .I unplugged all the electrical plugs and Used my air gun and dried them out. Still wouldnt start. I pulled the cap and rotor etc.I did everything i no. Nothing worked at all ,still no spark. It ran great before I Decided to pressure wash it . Should i let it sit overnight ? any ideas would be greatley appreciated since this is my daily driver ,thanks to everyone:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the igniter that black little box connected with the coil ? Im about to try again today , if it dont work im stuck taking it to the mechanic and getting shafted.No one around here nos a thing about samurais , Any way to test the igniter?
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i let it sit overnight,Dried every connection from head to toe.STILL NO SPARK. just got done sending in the ECM . IGNITER ,AND COIL. I sent them to trail tough in oregon...Brent the owner said to send all these in so i did. Ill keep everyone posted on the news

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would be curious to know what the problem turned out to be on this. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me when I cleaned the engine on my FJ 40 Landcruiser. It was an old points and condenser system, so, no electronics to suspect on it. It made it about a 1/4 mile from home and died. Turned out to be a crack in the plastic, on top of the coil. Moisture from the wash job entered the small crack and grounded the coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts