Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ive been going through all sorts of post on here and found alot of very useful info on here, so for that thank you all. I bought my wife a 1990 Sidekick and after a few days I knew I would have to have one. I bought 3 more Sammys after that one is a 1986 4x4 the other is a 1990 2 wheel drive and a 1991 4x4 for parts. Ok enough with the introduction, my question is one, where is good place to find simple parts like a starter or other misc. parts other than autozone. The 86' runs great but the 1990 has no spark but does turn over. How can I test the P.C.M or the control module or the ignitor or the coil to tell where the faulty part is? I know this is kind of a duh type question but any info would be great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Does the '91 start? I think that you made a great decision to get the parts Sammy, I would try parts from that rig first (one at a time) to see if you hit the jackpot.
You know you can also change the 2wd to 4wd with those parts... It is basically a bolt-in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 90' when i got it was not running nor was the 86'. The 86' however had not ran in about 4 months, after a fresh battery was hooked up it started after just touching the key and then charged the old battery from the altenator. The only problem with it is that 4 low isnt working i am looking at replacing the mounts on it and see if that resolves the issue, it already has the new bushings in it. Ok now to the 90' it has a bad starter so i took the one off of the 86' bolted it on and it turned over without any problem even though it would not run, we grounded a sparkplug to see if it was getting fire and it wasn't. Im not sure how to test the coil or the igniter and at the price autozone wants i would like to get it right the first time. Also i was reading that the 90' has a "P.C.M" i believe it is called and any insight to how to test it or hell really where to find it would be great. The 91' 4x4 was actually only a good body with a transmission and front and rear end that was about it. I will hunting a transfer case after i get the 90' 2x4 swapped over to a 4x4 front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts