Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal has no pressure (I can manually flip it back towards me), and when the car is running, I can't shift gear. Any idea what could possibly be going wrong?

·
Registered
51 Posts
O.K. I give up what kind of car do you have?? Does it have hyd. or cable operated clutch?? Any strange noise's?? Puddles under the car etc??

·
Super Moderator
12,339 Posts
Seeing as he's posted in the Forenza-Reno forum, maybe it's one of those?

In that case, it's a hydraulic clutch - so you need to start by checking for hydraulic fluid in the clutch system, perhaps topping it up & bleeding it

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Hi. On the Reno/forenza the slave cylinder is known to go. This would cause the clutch pedal to be very soft and possibly not even engage the clutch. Your going to need to check your fluids and look for any possible leaks. There's a possibility of it being the clutch master cylinder also. So check that for leaks as well. Let us know what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clutch Problems

I am going to jump in othis thread. I am having the same problem with my 2005 Suzuki Forenza EX. I hate doing things more than once and with a car this old I am going to replace the Clutch Disk, Pressure Plate, T/O bearing as well as the master and slave cylinders. I will start with the cylinders to see if I can shed some light on some of the master/slave problems I have read on here as it seems to be a common problem. I will also put up some pics of the repair in case anyone down the road needs a step by step.

·
Super Moderator
12,339 Posts
If I'm not mistaken - the Forenza uses a "concentric" clutch slave cylinder - I believe you have to pull the transmission to get to it.

It should be a relatively easy task to verify the clutch master as being functional, and once you've done that and checked the lines for leaks, you might as well do all the rest and make one bad job of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts