Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this kind of baffles me a little bit honestly. Only recent thing done was installing a 110 Amp alternator in her and a Starter relay. However with warm weather my 86 samurai has no balls whatsoever.. I'm talking like 30 or 40 in second gear getting up there really slowly. also in 3rd or fourth nothing over 50 anymore. I noticed it a little before I did the alternator upgrade though. Also, it has new plugs and wires as well as spark plugs, oil, oil filter... Oil level looks great as well. Oh, and I have no cat either. could backfiring be related to this as well?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I forgot to add though the back firing is only when I let off the gas completely and am rolling around in a gear. When I shift into neutral it pretty much does not do it at all. I honestly think that the backfiring is an issue with the accelerator pump circuit in the carb. How would I go about checking the timing? I'm really not an engine guy. I can replace and diagnose bad parts here and there I am more electrical though

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I will be attempting that tomorrow morning. Do both of you still recommend this even if I used to be able to hit 55 before in third gear?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that also including 31" IROK's lmao.. I'm not fully sure it's geared either though. it may have been as it was already running 31's. Althought I only noticed this issue with warm weather.. Maybe I should just do it and quit throwing out other ideas :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts