Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Yeah, their Suzuki website has been gone for a while, as Suzuki is pulling out of the US market. Although I haven't used them, a similar online catalog is here:
Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I should know this, and at one time I think I even did, but what are the definitions for these style codes and how do they relate to Trackers? 2dr, 4dr, 8vlv, 16vlv, etc.

Trim .Engine Type
Sidekick JLX L4 - - 1.6 Liter
Sidekick JS L4 G16KC - 1.6 Liter
Sidekick JS L4 G16KV - 1.6 Liter
Sidekick JX L4 - - 1.6 Liter

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
JS is the 2wd convertible, I think with perhaps the 1.3 engine. JX is the basic 4wd 1.6, and the JLX has the additional trim, split rear seat, power windows, nicer wheels, additional plastic trim, etc. The 'L' stands for 'luxury'.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I used Southwest one time, and was unhappy that they charged me Texas sales tax, when I live in Nevada. Not sure if the other sources do this or not. Although it will be a moot point when we can no longer get OEM parts in the USA.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
thanks Bex

randy

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My shop is in Miami and I NEVER buy anything here. All the dealers mark up wholesale by 10 % and always charge a f****** core charge on starters and alternators which Keith never did and he never charged me to ship from Texas to Miami. Keith also told me the other Suzuki sources in Texas are no good. Now that Suzuki has left the US market things are going to get harder if we want real as opposed to chinese parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts