Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Borrowed green hornets scan II does not read my fuel pressure,showed no codes it bucked a little when he was setting up but we could not find anything. ran home no problem watched gauges for drops if anything happened but it did not. so what is left to check EGR and take to mechanic to verify fuel pressure. listened to injectors they all were clicking the same using screwdriver to listen. scantool II does not log data. can you take EGR off and clean it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help

looking for suggestions on were to look next, can dirty fuel injectors be intermittent and cut out for a little bit. can the EGR be intermittent. can the MAF be intermittent and not throw code

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
13,273 Posts
looking for suggestions on were to look next, can dirty fuel injectors be intermittent and cut out for a little bit. can the EGR be intermittent. can the MAF be intermittent and not throw code
Yes to all your questions,

This is where logging and graph functions are beneficial..

The fuel pressure is not monitored by the ECU, so it must be gauged..http://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-injection-pump-tester-92699.html

Some times it is frustrating, but rewarding when you finally pin down the issue and fix..

...Philip

·
Registered
281 Posts
How about wires to injector fuel pump? I'm reaching...

And it's not an idle thing (meaning it doesn't seem to be a vacuum leak or the like). It would idle smoothly even when it would stumble when given gas & a load. iirc, it wouldn't stumble with no load, though, right (when given gas)? It would just rev up and down, right?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Fuel pressure is only normally available through the OBD1 interface, OBD2 is much more limited.
The EGR can be cleaned, the passageway through to the exhaust must be cleaned out too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took to shop with dynometer

well ran perfect all the way home so scan tool gave me no clues so I gave up and took it to my mechanic who has a dynometer.while hooked up and on dynometer it malfunctioned under a load and they said it was an ignition problem. they looked further and said there is a short in the wiring to #4 coil pac and it had damaged coil pac so they are tracing and repairing wiring and I had a spare coil pac I gave them. will see tomorrow at 1pm

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't get a coding on a simple scan, for the coil pack mis-fire. :huh: The ECU is rather sensitive and forthcoming with results if amiss in that area. At least an "in history" scan hit, I would have suspected.

Nor do I think that you have a fuel delivery issue with regards to pressure at the rail, as your upper RPM range performance seems OK (no LACK of fuel) it sounds. Injector cleanliness...maybe. Ever run a can of SeaFoam thru it? I can't remember.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sea foam yes, they checked fuel pressure it was ok, so they moved on to dyno-meter. he said incomplete combustion will add fuel into cat and it can destroy cats so midas may have been right cats were bad.or was he trying to feel like I was not ripped off

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
Pretty cool!

You need to go to part 2 though for the full procedure.

Only trouble I've got is that unless you have an automatic trans, you really can't perform the brake / torque (under-load) portion. :( I think you'd tear up a manual trans clutch, simulating the same maneuver.

The single coil, dual plug aspect of that video might confuse some as well, since we Zuk guys don't use that arrangement.

Intersesting just the same though. :)

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
You need to be careful with an automatic also, because what you're doing is using the torque converter to load the engine, so what you're doing is churning the fluid & heating it up, with no or very low air flow through the cooler.

One of my FSMs details something similar for the torque converter stall test, but they limit you to how long you can do it, and specify how much time needs to be allowed between tests to avoid damage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mechanic still looking for short

well tracker has been at mechanic 2 days now they are having trouble finding short. don't feel so bad if a professional is having this much trouble but worries me also, hope to get good news tomorrow, but I am at the station till Sunday morning may take off a bit to pick up depends on time

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
late last night i called and they thought they found it. something about cam sensor having flat spot and that stopping OBDII from disclosing problem and the coil boots being bad. supposed to pick up monday so will see. Its been it will be ready tomorrow since wednesday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.