Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a problem today of no heat (of cource when its -20 *C ) First i Tried Topping Up engine coolant a bit and also changing overflow cap on the resvoir with little to no results also thought it might be a sticking change over flap so i cycled it back and forth and the cold works just NO HEAT !!!:eek: HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE ON A VERONA ??? please help Im freezing

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If the hoses going into and out of the heater core are hot once the motor is hot then the problem is inside the car. Either the actuator for the blending doors is stuck or dead, there is a mechanical problem in the heater box (somethiing stuck in the blend doors), or the digital heater control in the dash is broken. If only one hose to the heater core is heat then the heater core is plugged up and needs replacing or you could try back flushing it. If its only warm maybe you have a stuck thermostat, etc...does the engine still get up to proper temperature?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed a problem today of no heat (of cource when its -20 *C ) First i Tried Topping Up engine coolant a bit and also changing overflow cap on the resvoir with little to no results also thought it might be a sticking change over flap so i cycled it back and forth and the cold works just NO HEAT !!!:eek: HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE ON A VERONA ??? please help Im freezing
Yup. The same thing happened to me. The blender door actuator stopped working. You'll find out that the Verona is a real lemon. I've been lucky that I now have 103000 miles on mine and haven't had some of the major problems others have had here. Mine have mostly been stupid annoying things. I'm on my third hub replacement, drivers side and rear passenger side locks are failing. The front drivers side and rear passenger side inner door release stopped working a few days ago. The brake lamp switch has been replaced 4 times (rock auto sells these. stock up, you'll need them) The dome light and the clock work intermittenly. The radio works, but the buttons sometimes are dead.

The car is paid for and I only drive it locally. The best part is that you can't find parts locally and the local dealership that I bought if from closed up a year ago.

I'm planning to do a tune up over my christmas break, and most of the items I have to order from either Rock Auto or Suzuki Car Parts. Rock is much cheaper, BTW. I can't even find the engine air filter locally. I have a Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Salvo Auto Parts and Napa all within 10 miles of my home, and none had parts for this car, well they did have spark plugs.

Buy yourself an OBD II code reader and subscribe to Chilton DIY, you'll need both. I can say this, the Verona was the first and last Suzuki I will ever own.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like the heater cable failed. Last I saw was cheap part but a pain to put in. Was fairly common back when I worked on S cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts