Discussion Starter #1
2005 reno, no headlamps today

high beam works, turn signals no driving lights

checked the fuses, changed relay , switched bulbs still nothing

any ideas this is my only driving car please advise

·
Registered
20 Posts
They don't have the replacement parts in... that's the letter I received. Never had a problem, lucky I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nu recall

your reno may have one of two problems, the first and most common is the splice connector behind the instrument cluster is melted this is covered by the recall. the second is the drl controller which is what the newest coming out will cover. send me your vin number and i can check to see if your vehicle has any recalls performed on the drl lights in the past.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
SHAUN133 do you work for a suzuki dealer? it mentions the drl controller and the switch on the steering column in the recall letter. do you know exactly what parts are affected in the new recall?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do work for a dealer I am a tech and have worked on suzuki cars for about five years I do not currently know what parts are going to be replaced by the new recall but when parts become available I will let you know

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
i thought you might be a tech. welcome aboard! really happy to have you here. thanks. i thought it was just for the splice pack but they make it sound like it could be the column switch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Forenza was affected by the recall also, my lights stopped working as I was driving at night. I brought the car to the dealer and they told me the parts weren't available, and to wait for a second letter from Suzuki.
I called Suzuki corporate & explained to them my DRL's and my headlights did not work. I also told them that I smelled something burning when I was driving. (which is very important). Suzuki corporate office informed me not to drive the car any more and that they would make arrangements with the nearest dealer to have the car picked up with a tow truck, & they would provide a free rental until the vehicle was fixed.
Vehicle was picked up within 2 hours and I got a free rental (2014 Nissan Altima) from Enterprise.
If your headlights aren't working call corporate, the number is on the first recall letter they sent. Just make sure you say you smelled something burning when you were driving. They told me parts are available, but in limited supply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts