Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1988 suzuki samurai and the dash lights dont work what do i check to get them to work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just bought a 1988 suzuki samurai and the dash lights dont work what do i check to get them to work?
i just tap on mine and it works...lol well the first thing I would check is the fuse. if that is ok then pull the dash and look for burnt bulbs or loose wires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have to tap on mine to get them to work on my 88, my gas gauge also fluctuates alot. I would also check the fuses and wires, im thinking about replacing the whole thing myself...

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might check the dash light dimmer switch. A lot of them are being sold on e-bay which makes me think other people must need them. They sell for about $5.00 to $15.00 postage inculded

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dash piece on my '84 comes loose by only loosening two screws. I suggest you loosen yours and check the plugs on the rear. There might be some loose wires / connectors by the sound of things.

Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
you're right the dimmer switch is the problem XD replace it it's quite easy mine doesn't work but the new one is on it's way ;P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts