Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 xs4. new ac comp and plenty of freon and clutch wont come on or Ac cooling fan. Not getting 12v to comp, i can put 12 on comp and clutch works just fine, 25amp fuse is good , AC light inside is coming on.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Ok, let me ask these questions

was it working before you changed the compressor? and why did you change it?
Did you flush the system?
how much oil have you added?
What refrigerant have you used? Freon is a generic term for hydrocarbon based refrigerant and this has been banned (R22, CFC-12 etc)
did you vacuum the system down for 30 minutes before attempting to fill?
What pressure did you get to on the gauges before trying to start the a/c and continue filling?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes know all that...let ask me question in a diff way.....the incoming power feed from the car has no power ( 12v). Fuse is good .relay tested good and been changed.
Never dealt with a Suzuki i know the low pressure switch is on the side of compressor so it not in the circuit at that point . if the high pressure switch was bad. Would it kill both 12 volts to compressor and fan?

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
In correct or low charge will also prevent compressor engagement, this is why I asked how you have filled it and what pressure its at

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,678 Posts

·
Registered
6,900 Posts

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Yeah, try to get a diagnostic handle without knowing what hes actually done doesnt help.....
Are you telling me that you no longer use the crystal ball ?? Mine was getting old and fading..

·
Registered
6,900 Posts

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Just remember the pressure switch might not be the issue, and probably isnt. Have you checked the other fuses for the HVAC system, or just the 25A compressor one?

Define "basic". They all have a compressor, condenser, drier, evaporator and an an expansion device.

The control systems however are electronically controlled in the sx4, it's not just a switch on the heater controls like the fords and chevys. Theres a full ecm that runs the air con, for a start theres a sunload sensor and electronic TEV in these cars.

If you had actually answered our questions and told us what you actually wanted to find out, we could have helped you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just remember the pressure switch might not be the issue, and probably isnt. Have you checked the other fuses for the HVAC system, or just the 25A compressor one?

Define "basic". They all have a compressor, condenser, drier, evaporator and an an expansion device.

The control systems however are electronically controlled in the sx4, it's not just a switch on the heater controls like the fords and chevys. Theres a full ecm that runs the air con, for a start theres a sunload sensor and electronic TEV in these cars.

If you had actually answered our questions and told us what you actually wanted to find out, we could have helped you.

On some ford n chevy as well they controlled by a emc also......but thanks yall i found the problem. Where the harness comes off the high pressure switch loops down going to firewall the feed wire going to omp was messed up...looks like maybe a belt had broke at the time and grab or wrapped up on harness

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
On some ford n chevy as well they controlled by a emc also......but thanks yall i found the problem. Where the harness comes off the high pressure switch loops down going to firewall the feed wire going to omp was messed up...looks like maybe a belt had broke at the time and grab or wrapped up on harness
The benefit of visual inspection and diagnostics.. Great you have fixed it...

BTW: this is neither a Ford or Chevy..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts