Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a recent new owner of a 1991 Geo Tracker, had the truck 1 day (bought for my wife for her birthday she was super thrilled) she drove it the next day and the shifter "fell out" what the heck?? anyway I ended up replacing the shifter since the spring on the old one was broke when I removed the shifter. logically it had to be the fix right? nope? I then could not shift into 1st 3rd or 5th..I gimped it home up I-5 to Ptown in 4th gear, 4100 rpms the whole way. I parked it and have been reading on this forum many different possibilities for about a week. one I had read a few times sounded to be the same as my issue, today I read that there was a bushing inside that could have fell into the tranny case, i never thought it would or could be true but after about an hour of feeling around with my fingers I FOUND THE BUSHING unmarked..reinstalled and shifter, VIOLA it worked!! wife is supper happy and now I can get back to "building the toy" anyway, I am writing this only to tell everyone that has ever had input on this type of issue on a tracker or sidekick THANK YOU!! Your input was very helpful!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,548 Posts
Ah, well done - yes there are actually 2 plastic bushings in the shift lever mechanism that can fail. I have them sitting in my drawer, just waiting for an adventure like yours. ;) Glad you got this sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts