Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Grand Vitara 1.9DDiS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

my first post here so thanks for assisting! I have a blue 2007 diesel, based in bulgaria at the moment. I am looking at a summer tire set up for mostly road but some off roading.

i found this article and he is running 16×8 Nissan GT-R R32 rims wrapped in 265/75 R16 BFGoodrich rubber, with. 5” lift kit.

I am about to order a 2” lift kit and have a few questions

are these Rims a direct fit in assuming it’s the same stud pattern

I’m not sure if I want to run such large tires or if they will fit with just a 2” lift how do you compensate for the additional diameter for the speedo or do just work out a calculation for the difference in speedo?

Thanks again!

Ed

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
the only way you will get 265 wides in there is if the offset spaces the wheel out away from the strut, and I suspect the 5" lift is a special, I seriously doubt the lower control arm bushes will bend that far (or last more than a few miles) unless modified. CV angles will be extreme too and have probably been lengthened. 40 mm (whats called a 2" lift) is realistic, and 235 wide tyres work well, have them on mine.

·
Registered
2007 Grand Vitara 1.9DDiS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your answers, will the 235 fit on the 16x8 rims? Might for for the 245s if they fit.. Seen a nice set on eBay?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts