Tonight's project was the hard steering issue. Based on a few other threads,I swapped out the steering linkage from the firewall to the rack. The lower u joint in the original linkage was completely seized. Thankfully that's a pretty easy swap, three bolts that aren't to hard to reach, a little tap with a small hammer and boom, it's out.
Next up: drive the sucker!
Yesterday my folks came over and picked up the car. We did a little more decorating with seat covers, and my wife made up some hummingbird stickers and my mom's name for the door. You may use the grin on her face to judge if she likes the finished product.