Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys found the site a while ago but this is the first time i have been able to post so i thought i would say hi. I have just got a 1995 super carry. Over the next few weeks i will be doing the old girl up. I am on the look out for some 14inch rims to fit. I will be making a new stainless exhaust and exhaust manifold for it fitting a K&N airfilter and doing a respray. I am In England so am finding it very hard to get info on parts for tuning. Alot of you talk about how your motors are turbo charged as standard.Mine is just a none turbo 4 cylinder but it should be fun trying to work out if i can turbo it or maybe supercharge it, I am always up for trying things. Long term i have been thinking about putting a motor bike engine in. I have fitted a GSXr 1000 to a friends kit car so was thinking maybe of using a suzuki hayabusa engine:eek: but that will take some planing.

you guys have got some nice motors on here i've enjoyed checking out the pics and getting some ideas.

Andrew

·
Registered
177 Posts
You're always welcome to visit our site!!! Glad to hear from someone
far from the Philippines. This model's quite famous huh. . . It purely
means SUZUKI is a good brand.

How about sharing your Zuki pics here . . .

Have a good day!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
mono: a friend here in the Phils installed a twin-turbo setup on his carry :) i don't know how he did it but he secured the parts from surplus shops in Cebu City for just the equivalent of 75 UK pounds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zukzuk, I wish i could get my hands on a pair of turbos for £75. The amount of spare and tuning parts is very limited in England. I have thought about trying to put a turbo on my engine but the problem is finding one. Are there any tuning/parts shops that have websites that you know of.

·
Registered
97 Posts
my friend is now in Bogo, Cebu and im in Leyte so its almost next to impossible to take a pic but who knows...

:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
yup, if you really want to get the best parts for your Carry you have to go to Cebu - its the Suzuki surplus heaven.. where you can get a good F6A engine for 8K or even lower :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
cant agree more. i almost dropped dead when i clicked on albert's link posted by yt. grabe sa inventory! maybe our members from cebu can help us to access these suppliers. anybody?

·
Registered
200 Posts
YT, wala bang suzuki auto dealer dito sa manila na may website din?

·
Registered
200 Posts
@monometallico: bro, what if we fit a gsx-r engine to a carry so that we could have a prototype suzuki gsx-r/4? (pics to follow about gsx-r/4)

the suzuki gsx-r/4 is a suzuki prototype vehicle w/c had its engine transplanted from the gsx-r. :D so if we could get the gsx-r/4 engine into the carry van, imagine what happiness it brings to the driver of that suzuki super carry! hehehehe. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey j-six I have put a gsx-r 1000cc engine in my friends kit car but it is alot lighter than a super carry. The hayabusa 1300 engine has 170bhp and more torqe than the gsx-r 1000 so it would be better in the heavier carry van. I am going to do all the body mods on the van first and get it back on the road before i start changing the engine. I wish i could get a genuine turbo engine for my van but all super carry vans in England are none turbo!

·
Registered
200 Posts
yup sir mono. its either you have to import one or really try to check out some shops there in england who sells turbocharged engines for the super carry.

sir, so you mean to say that the gsx-r could be able to be transplanted in the super carry? yahoo! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey j-six, i may have found a contact that may be willing to ship me some goodies as he has just moved out there to live so i may get my turbo engine yet. As for putting a gsx-r engine in a carry that should be childs play infact putting any bike engine in should be a doddle. You will need all the electrics, ecu/wiring loom etc. Remember you dont have reverse on a bike so you need a transfer box.Plus dont forget to upgrade your brakes the standard ones will not be up to stopping 150 odd horse power.

·
Registered
97 Posts
mono;

i had a customer in our restaurant here who is married to a Filipina and drives a 4x4 Carry pickup with huge wheels. I assumed he is British from his accent, I can ask him where he bought his wheels if he ever returns.

·
Registered
203 Posts
J-six,

I haven't encounter a dealer here locally na may website because majority of the Zuki that is imported goes to Cebu first.

Last Sunday as I pass Quirino Avenue going to Manila Zoo I saw yung bentahan ng Zuki. After you pass taft going to Roxas blvd., nasa left side sya. I think galing yung mga zuki sa Hilton corp. I don't know much about the company and bare-na-bare ang looks from a distance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts