Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Balerno 1.0 auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies but I cant find the answer in previous question search.
I recently bought a 3 year old automatic Balerno and few months back. The non Suzuki dealer gave it a service before I took it home. Now I have the change oil warning light coming up after only a few thousand miles. Am I supposed to have oil changes in-between regular services? If not I don't see the point in such a warning when a service warning light would do. Do you suggest I just have the warning reset, have a oil and filter change after such a short time or another full service?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
They may have not reset the service interval, or you have traveled the amount of kms that warrants another change.

I am not too sure about the details as I only have a 99 model (nothing fancy) but that would be your best bet to start.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
The warning comes up based on km's traveled. reset it and remember its going to come up again at the next factory recommended interval.
Service it per the owners handbook, severe conditions if its doing round town running and just reset the service indicator when it comes up. I find them annoying but they do remind the people that don't think about schedules or servicing.

Reactions: Family Guy

·
Registered
Balerno 1.0 auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They may have not reset the service interval, or you have traveled the amount of kms that warrants another change.

I am not too sure about the details as I only have a 99 model (nothing fancy) but that would be your best bet to start.
Thanks

·
Registered
Balerno 1.0 auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The warning comes up based on km's traveled. reset it and remember its going to come up again at the next factory recommended interval.
Service it per the owners handbook, severe conditions if its doing round town running and just reset the service indicator when it comes up. I find them annoying but they do remind the people that don't think about schedules or servicing.
Thanks for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts