2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Newbie here from clubcoronaph...
I want to know the differences ofthe following:
1. Super carry
2. Every
3. Scrum
4. Joypop

because i'm planning to acquire one unit (for the time being) to fulfill my dream into reality to have a mini van or pick up, or double cab suzuki for a daily farm use.
but i don't know which type should i get, i prefer 4x4 rear wheel drive.

what is the fuel consumption (including hp & torque if available) of the following engine type:
1. f5a
2. f6a
3. f10a
4. 1200cc

which one has an advantage or more practical in use in terms of engine location front or rear?

my apology for having so many questions, just excited fulfill my dream come true, and just to make sure that i'll get the one that will suit my needs.

many thanks in advance!

God bless you all

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Just a piece of advice, better use English for your questions because a lot of good advices are coming from people who don't know Tagalog. We were reminded here once by the moderator that this is an English speaking forum.

I assume that you will be using your ride mostly offroads. Better settle for a 4x4 Carry Pickup. An F6A (660cc) is rated at about 50 horses and maybe 45 for the F5A (550cc). For the consumption, we have varying values. It ranges from 8 to 18 km/Li. Refer to the thread on Fuel Consumption.

I hope you could fulfill your dream soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lance_pad said:
Welcome to the forum! Just a piece of advice, better use English for your questions because a lot of good advices are coming from people who don't know Tagalog. We were reminded here once by the moderator that this is an English speaking forum.

I assume that you will be using your ride mostly offroads. Better settle for a 4x4 Carry Pickup. An F6A (660cc) is rated at about 50 horses and maybe 45 for the F5A (550cc). For the consumption, we have varying values. It ranges from 8 to 18 km/Li. Refer to the thread on Fuel Consumption.

I hope you could fulfill your dream soon.

Many thanks for a warm welcome, same thing for the advice and prompt response to my inquiry. Now I have a bit idea for the pick up type.
Cheerssss and God bless you all!

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Farm Use Suzuki

Since you will be using your vehicle on the farm even for only 10% of the time, Here are my suggestions:
1. Use a front engine pick-up. Remember that there is more traction when the load is on top of the driving(powered) wheels. Since it is 4 wheel drive, you will get good traction whether it is loaded or not. You will also have a more even distribution of load when it is loaded.
2. Use wider tires with big treads for better traction and stability. You will also use lower tire pressure for better traction also.
3. Depending on your type of farm, you will be loading dirty, smelly items which are better isolated from the cab.

I hope these information will be helpful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Were I looking for a truck for mostly farm or offroad use, I would look for a front engine model with an F5A or F5B engine, 4 speed trans, 4X4. The reason for this is the 4 speed 4X4 has low range, just as in most other 4WD trucks. This gives you a granny gear in both forward and reverse. The low range opens up a whole new dimension when using as a work truck.

The 5 speed models have only an extra low available in forward gear only.

Larry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Larry, you mentioned about 4-speed 4x4 having the granny gear (I remembered the 'granny' gear we used in grinding technical uphills in our mountainbikes). Can you provide figures/numbers for the gear ratios of the 4-speed and maybe that of a 5-speed also. How low is the low-range gearing for zukis with the 4L?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't have access to the actual gear ratios, but I can tell you that in low range the ratio is one half of high range. meaning at a certain rpm and speed in 4th gear high range, in low range in 4th gear at that rpm your speed would be one half as fast as high range.

Larry in Dumaguete

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh, I see. So half the speed in low range.

Why the F5A or F5B for farm/offroad use, how about the F6A? It develops higher HP, at 660cc than the 550cc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The difference in power between the F6A and the F5A and FB5 is not that great. The biggest difference is the 12 valve developes the power at a lower RPM than the 6 and 9 valve.

The F6A does not develop higher RPM, but it does produce more power at lower RPM.

The reason I recommended the F5A or F5B is I have never seen a 4 speed 4X4 trans mounted behind a F6A. I may be wrong, but I don't think the tranny configuration is available for the F6A. I have heard they do not interchange. I do not know this for fact, but I do know of people who have tried mounting F6A engines to F5 trannys, only to find out it was not possible, or so they say.

Maybe someone else can answer this?

Larry

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Guys,

been busy for a while but i'm back in the loop!

mine is an F5A 4speed 4x4 and yes, i definitely agree with what Larry mentioned.

a few years back i swapped engines when i broke my timing belt. it turned out the F5A engine i bought didnt match my tranny. so i had to bring it back but got one which matched.

this summer i rebuilt my old engine (new sleeves and changed all bearings) and has been working perfectly fine.

i've been using my F5A for offroad use and yes it has more torque but dont expect to run it at 100kph on the highways for too long. maybe 95kph just to overtake. for farm use maybe the fastest you can run would be 40to50kph of which for this speed the F5A would be perfect.

in terms of hauling loads, the F5A doesn't give you much to think about. it just pulls and pulls without hesitation. there was a time i had to load it until the rubber stops were resting on the diffs and then driving it for 160km from bulacan to punta fuego. i had to traverse 45degree climbs with such load. i wouldn't have made it without the 4x4.

for farm use, definitely go for the F5A 4x4. hope this helps and enjoy zuking!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts