Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Thought I would start here and introduce myself to the community. I have actually visited this forum on and off for the past year and figured I should join in and get input with questions that I have regarding my Forenza for myself. I have a Fantasy Black 2008 Suzuki Forenza automatic with roughly 65,000 miles on it. I have previous experience with the Forenza as my younger sister had one for a short period of time, so I am somewhat familiar with the vehicle. I have had mine for roughly a year now, I have had my ups and downs with the vehicle for the past year, but have fixed the issues with the vehicle. During the cold months the car would start acting up with extremely rough shifting, rough idling, car stalling out of nowhere and even starting issues. Had the vehicle taken to a suzuki dealership last winter for them to tell me that nothing was wrong with the vehicle. Funny thing was the issues would only happen during the winter months, so during the spring, summer, and fall the car would run completely fine. Well needless to say at the start of this winter the problems arose yet again and I took the vehicle back to the suzuki dealership. For whatever reason this time they actually listened to me and my issues with the vehicle and found out the issues with the car. Found out that the car from factory had a timing issue in that the timing belt was installed a tooth off and was causing the rough idling/ rough shifting. On top of that I was having issues with the coolant sensor not working correctly, and after replacing the sensor twice, they looked into the issue. Found out that I had a bad ECM which was causing the coolant sensor issue and was also linked to the other symptoms my vehicle was having as well. Thankfully everything was covered under warranty so there was no cost out of pocket. Since then the car has run like brand new so I plan on keeping it that way which is why I have created an account to seek out advice and also information on this forum. Looking forward to talking with all of you and all of the advice and information you can provide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.