Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 82833
Just bought a relatively clean (and rust free!) Samurai from a local seller here in central Oregon. Moved here about a month ago from Illinois (state of rusty cars) and the Sami made a lot more sense than the custom Honda Goldwing I brought with me.
Tried going to the User CP so I could update info on the Sami but I must be missing something...
At any rate I think I got a reasonable deal ($3,500) on the little 4x4; new (big) tires, rust free body, recently rebuilt motor (according to the p.o.), nice camo paint job, aftermarket bumpers, etc.
But it has a couple of issues... brakes need adjusting, clutch cable needs adjusting, and it's really loud inside at all speeds (do the transmissions and transfer cases usually make that much noise?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations on your acquisition!
The brakes are self adjusting, except for the emergency brake. If you have excessive brake pedal travel, it's most likely the master cylinder, or, air in the system. if the brake bias is off, it may be the proportioning valve.
I wouldn't say my trans/transfer case are loud. Transmission is as quiet as any standard I've owned and the TC is much quieter than my Toyota LC. With the windows down, I can't hear either one. I own three of these critters and they are all pretty much the same volume. All my transfer cases still have the factory gear sets, so, I can't tell you how the aftermarket gear sets howl. The factory service manual is available to download online (FREE!). It's a must have for working on these things, since the Haynes and others really aren't very good.
good luck to you.
Zelgin (member formerly known as Azelgin, but I can't recover my password)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts