Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Just joined your forum. I've been watching neat little Samari jeep thingies for years now and finally decided to take the plunge. I need 4X4, slightly modified (spring over), fuel injected if possible, reliable daily driver. What models, pitfalls, pros/cons etc. please help. I'm 25 miles west of Ft. Worth and I need a zuke! I have to use my friends computer so it may take me a couple of days to back on here. Thanks in advance, Paul p.s. you can feel free to call with help: (817) 565-9447

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paul,

If you insist on Fuel injection then you will need to get a later model, In Australia they call them Jimny not sure what they are called in the states. YOu could go with a sidekick (not as much personality though).

I am curently in the process of putting the Vitara/sidekick EFI engine in my Samurai/sierra they are supposed to pretty much bolt straight in.

check out fire ant on CarDomain - The place to show off your car pictures and photos and look under suzuki sierra for my little rig.

·
Registered
201 Posts
fuel injected samurais is 90 on. the production numbers were lower for these as compared to the carb'd versions.

the only real con is that there might be a bit of rust. usually look in the wheel wells underneith the fender flairs. also under nieth the door sill. oh and they are getting harder and harder to find....and some ties the ones you do find are going to be expensive

the pros is to the wonderful little rigs are plentiful. on trail they will go anywhere that a 4 wheeler will go. they are easy to modify, and compared to the jeeps out there they can be modified at a fraction of the price - for almost all parts.

but if you want something that is gonna have power this is not the vehicle. they are not a speed demon by any means. if you want a little more power outta the box then go to the tracker/sidekick. i personally do not think that the track/kick has as much personality as the samurai. but they do have more power and if you are just going to mod lightly, not planning on running anything larger than a 31 inch tire - then the track-kick might be good.

well thats my .02 cents

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buy a Samurai and drop the Tracker 1.6L in to it. Then you get the personality of a Sammy with the extra power that a tracker gives. In the states you're looking at probably $2,000 for an '87 Sammy and another $1,000 for the Tracker engine. You'll get a pretty sweet little ride for only $3,000 and you'll blow most of the other Sammys on the road away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks!

:alien:Hello and Thanks to those who replied. I just picked up a 87 Samurai which already had a profissional coil over job and 3" lift, 31X10.50 Super Swampers on 7" wagon wheels, custom nerf/slider bars, light bar above windshield, and Baja type front bumper/light bar. 81,849 miles most of which were put on it while being towed behind a motor home. Needs; steering stabilizer, some soft top resew, minor body work and the choke sticks briefly when first started up. The seller was Sierra Off Road and Sales in Quinlan, TX. He's fabricating a Serious competition Zuke with exoskeleton, a Toyota 22RE stage 3 or 4 engine and 2 wheel drive tranny mated to the Zuki transfer case with Toyota axels. I dont know how I did on the price though. I paid $3500 out the door which included tax, title and license. It runs stronger than expected and feels pretty tight with exception to the worn out factory steering stabilizer(getting some shimmy around 40 mph but it smooths out just above 45). I'm going to 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse in the AM to see if they got what I need. Again, thanks for the replies and hope to be around this board to learn what I can. Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts