Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off awesome site. I have an 88 samurai. Motor and carb system is stock. It and a friend had a bad day on a trail next to a river and to make a lone story short in went in the water. The river was deep enough the it covered the hood and was in that deep for about 10 minutes. He said that he shut the motor off before in went under. I towed it out and towed it home. The next day I changed all the fluids and it started up just fine. This was all about 3-4 weeks ago. Now I started it up and it ideals fine but when I try to drive it boggs out and dies. I am lost. Here is a list of things I have done.

Changed the intake and carb with a known working unit along with the computer that goes with the carb.
new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and even a different distrupter.
drained the gas tank and flushed the fuel lines, new fuel filter, and new fuel pump.
I have looked at as many wire conectors as I could.

It ran great with no problems at all before it went in the water. Any thoughts would be a world of help.

Thanks to all,
Russ

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the day after the accident after you changed the fluids, did you try to drive it then? or did you just start it up and idle it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kick your "friends" @ss, then, when he regains conciousness, tell him to call you when he gets it runnin' like it was before he took it swimmin'. :D: Seriously dude, it sounds like you have changed or checked everything I would have, sounds almost like an electrical connection rusted up on you during that 3 week period after you checked everything. Sorry not much help but that is all I can think it would be. Good luck, and tell your friend to"Get Well Soon" for me. The Freak:eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
could be the old bananna in the tailpipe trick.... or something else obstructing the exhaust... crap in the cat? mud in the muffler?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I did drive it but not that far. Everything seemed okay at the time. I cut the cat out and it still does the same thing. As for the air cleaner, I put a brand new one in it. I just can't seem to figure it out. And as for my friend, he will more then likely be buying it from my now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had same thing happen to me. It started ok but when you put it in gear it would die.
Finally disconnected fuel line at carb and run gas thru it into a clear container. It had water in it and ended up pulling fuel tank and thoroughly cleaning it out and replacing filter. Run gas thru line to carb to clear the line with clean gas. Took right off with no problems.

Hope this helps
zippys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts