Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought my first samurai, i've always wanted one sence i was a kid but could never find one near me, well i finally got some cash and bought my buddys which he picked up about 6 months ago and no time to use it so its mine now. to start off its a 86 bone stock with a few problems. The seat is broke-easy fix, he says the choke got stuck wide open, and he thinks the carb is dirty or news a new one. so im on a budget but i will NOT be gettin rid of it i love it already and cant even drive it. I'm lookin to make it a hunt/mud truck for now, maybe a rockcrawler one day but basically a play toy. I'm lookin to learn about the motor and what all is out there for lifts and anything else yal wanna throw at me, so teach me some stuff. Thanks, Mark

and regard the username thats my other truck with is the toy hauler now =)

·
Registered
616 Posts
new zuker!

Welcome to our madness!

I've owned my '88 since late 1999 and have modded it a lot. In that process, I have had a lot of help from posters on various forums like this one.

In an effort to "pay it forward" for all the help I got, I created a website called Ack's FAQ (see link in signature). It contains nearly 600 searchable links to all kinds of good info on the Internet including wiring diagrams and factory service manuals.

There is also a search category named "WEBSITES". if you select that category and do not enter a search string when you search, you'll get a link list of all the major Suzuki websites including forums AND vendor websites!

Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if it has the stock carb, it's got a whole lot of intricate vacuum hoses and switches and regulator and stuff. Any number of things could have happened to it. Make sure you check out Ack's vacuum hose routing diagrams and get all of the vacuum lines hooked up right. Once those are set up, see if the carb will work. If you do decide to go with a less intricate carb, like the webbers or the mikuni/solex, or GSXr's or Harley carbs, there are lots of info and kits out there available to you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Talking about carbs, I really want to replace mine, it is very old and keeps jurking when idling. What is the best option? Sorry Mr. Dodge Ram :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the used to sell rebuilt ones at autozone for about 200 bucks... no more though...

This place sells rebuilds, and pays for you to return the core to them. $250 with core return. Suzuki (Samurai)

This place has them for $450 and you return the core for $250. So depending on your shipping costs, petroworks may be a better deal, but it's pretty close. Drive Train - PetroWorks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts