Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thanks for making this website. I am in college and after reading many reviews I decided to trade in my POS dodge neon for a 86 sammy. So far I love it however I have some basic issues. First I did a full tune up, oil, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, rotor, cap. My Sammy seams to be running rich, it smells like gasoline when I start it up. It also idles at 2000rpm. I need to pass CA smog in one month. Please help me out Im pretty lost for what to do next. What should be the next move I make trying to resolve these issues. Thank you again in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since it is carbureted it will idle high upon startup due to the idle up actuator, it does this so it can warm up fast. Also, the choke is on at first startup so it might smell a little gassy. At least mine does. Just make sure the choke fully opens when the car is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
make sure all of your vacuum lines are fresh (the hoses get old and the rubber doesn't seal well) get a new O2 sensor.

If you bought it in California, and are registering it in california, then It has to pass smog when you purchase it. If the previous owner didn't get it certified before you bought it they are still responsible for it passing emissions when you register it. If it doesn't pass, they have to pay for the necessary repairs to get it to pass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts