Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new bumper that a metal shop made for me.It only took him 2 days!!!Start to finish.And only $300!!!It needs the winch to fill it up,looks kinda empty right now.After the winch purchase the rear bumper is next!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant to add,if anyone is interested he will make these bumpers and ship..He also does the back bumpers with the swing out tire carriers and the rocker panel bars like shrockworks sliders.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,i have a long way to go but I have to go as $$ allows.This guy is awesome thats making my bumpers.He has never made one for a zuk before so mine was the 1st.He makes them for jeeps.But he sure did a great job! The rear is next w/the swing out tire carrier.I seen one he did for a jeep and it was awesome.The best thing is his prices!He is almost half what the big companies charge.Im going by today and have him make me some light tabs to go by my windshield for my Hella's.When the winch gets installed theres not going to be any room for them on my bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Really nice.
You are going to notice that once you put the winch in there people are going to start moving out of your way a little more often...

Light tabs are great, but remember once you put them on you cannot install (or use, actually) a windshield fold-down kit.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Bill,I'll really dont want a fold down kit anyway.Im on the hwy more than off.lol.Im going to try and get my winch next month.Im getting an 8000 smittybuilt for around $400 with a warranty.Thats the winch the guy made my bumper for too.I cant wait to get the rear bumper!!Thats going to have to wait a couple of months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really nice job on the bumper! I wish he lived closer, shipping is what kills a great deal on heavy/bulky items. Show us the rear bumper when you get it. Very nice look'n rig!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,yeah,im not sure what he charges for shipping?Im really wanting to go ahead and let him do my rear bumper but I need another tire like I have mounted so it will look right,lol.Plus,Im kinda torn between the bumper and the Calmini 3" lift???The lift is about $100 more though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think it looks great! I've been bumper shopping on line for a while now. They're much pricier than what he charged you, and I like the looks of yours. Haven't really found a front and rear bumper that really match--different light shapes for front and rear, and I kinda like the uniform look. So Im guessing he'd probably make a rear that matches the front, or make it exactly how you like it.
Nice!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes,his rear bumpers are framed just like the front and can use the same lights.He'll make it however you want though.He starts out with 5" channel and goes from there plus,theres not a long wait for it either!! He had maine finished in 2 days.Also that price included him taking my old bumper & mounts off and installing the new one!!If your intersested Ill ask him about the shipping charge??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just talked to the guy that made my bumper about the shipping.He said around $60 to ship depending mostly on where you live.I can take some closer pictures if anyone is interseted.Still,$360 for a bumper is not bad!!!Good thing is he can use my zuk as a template for whatever someone needs.Im not just trying to get dude some business but He did me right so I owe him a little advertisment..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you have contact info for this guy. If the forum will allow it. Im right across the state line from memphis but I need it shiped to tx.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No offence but The mounts look a little lightweight for me

The verticle distance between the chassis mounts and the winch position is huge, and the mount-to-bumper is a bit small
Im trying not to be negative, but I really think when you load up 8000lb of pull on that it will either rip the top bolts out of the thin chassis rails, or break the welds between the bumper and the mounts.

I have no problem being proved wrong,
but if it breaks will you post pictures?

Positives- The steel work and fabrication looks great, someone put a lot of hours with a welder and grinder

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mof,I dont mind your opinion but im perfectly happy with the way its mounted.Im sure theres always something else that could be done to beef anything up but my zuk weights what,2200lbs?Im getting an 8000 for the heck of it because for $300 you cant beat it.I would hope I never have to put an 8000lb load on it...

If anyone wants to talk to the guy that made it his name is Jeff at Custom Metal Works,615-478-4092.If someone wanted a beefer mount im should he could do that too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep,Haptown,thats him...Thats how I found him.He builds iron gates and things but does the bumpers in between jobs.Since your close if you'd like to see it I can meet you somewhere sometime if you like?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics KJ! The bumper looks great and I think it will serve you well. Gotta count the pennies in the Zuk account before I pull the trigger, $360 is a great deal. I live and work very close to Shrockworks, gonna take a lunch hour and check them out in person, although they are quite a bit more expensive. Please post up when you get the rear bumper also, looks like your guy does a great job and I may be interested in that one also.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah PJ,I was going to get the bumpers from them but after talking to this guy I was sold.I cant wait to get my rear bumper and side bars made!I have to wait till at least April though for the xtra cash.Im going to try and get my winch next month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks,yeah,im not sure what he charges for shipping?Im really wanting to go ahead and let him do my rear bumper but I need another tire like I have mounted so it will look right,lol.Plus,Im kinda torn between the bumper and the Calmini 3" lift???The lift is about $100 more though.
I think it looks great! I've been bumper shopping on line for a while now. They're much pricier than what he charged you, and I like the looks of yours. Haven't really found a front and rear bumper that really match--different light shapes for front and rear, and I kinda like the uniform look. So Im guessing he'd probably make a rear that matches the front, or make it exactly how you like it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts