Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for buying a new Vitara 2.0 diesel? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Oct 15 2004, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for buying a new Vitara 2.0 diesel? Any advice would be appreciated.
My advice is do not buy 1.I have a 1999 with genuine 54,000 miles and full service history and it has just cost me nearly £1000 because the bell housing smashed and it has never been off road ot abused.Suzuki will not give me a penny and the suzuki garage who ripped me off said they have replaced 4 in the last 3 months so beware and do'nt say you was'nt warned.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Depends on where you live. I've heard that if you compare a 2004 US XL7 to a 2004 Canada XL7, a 2004 UK XL7, and a 2004 Australian XL7 that all are built and ride slightly differently. I read somewhere that the US version is the most refined, the Australian is more geared towards off-roading, the UK version not as well-built as the US, and the Canadian version better in snow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you are saying 'new vitara diesel', do you possibly mean the latest grand vitara with 1.9 renault DDIS engine? if so, that is decent engine, 127bhp, with 220nm torque(manual).

sorry, just realised how old thread is.lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts