Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
whoaa nice find.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
although the piping is zigzagged and whatnot, id love to have one. i dont see why they didnt just put an angle on the damn thing and made it one straight pipe across the top of the valve cover. i guess it looks more sophisticated in that pic than it would with just one straight pipe, though

·
Registered
433 Posts
well the article reads that this is a two drive supercharger. sounds good?:huh: it also states that they have considered production...
blah, blah, blah.... cool where do i sign.

wheres chip he needs to see this, im thinking middle-man.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
renoinreno05 said:
well the article reads that this is a two drive supercharger. sounds good?:huh: it also states that they have considered production...
blah, blah, blah.... cool where do i sign.

wheres chip he needs to see this, im thinking middle-man.
Shoot, BMS could do the piping better

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i was too lazy to read the article. does it say how much boost anywhere? even if its 5, thats enough to make me happy...you could always put a smaller/lighter pulley on the thing and get more out of it. either way, 5 pounds is enough to make me happy. how much am i gonna have to drop? i also second reno's comment...where do i sign?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Zipper said:
Not sure. I do know it has a transmission, allowing it to boost in the low and High RPMs, rather then taper off in effectivness as most supers do at higher RPMs
looks nice and all lot of piping tho but nice
one thing in mind i did search awhile back and found out some things on turbos and super chargers that a supercharger can take from hp hen give it cuz of the extra pulley and that a turbos butter cuz i uses the exhaust fumes to work somethin like that sorry its been awhile since i read that but after all i read and looked up and i mean big Research turbo the way to go just thought to share that if i can find that site where i got my info i will post it here ASAP

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
DeRoc23 said:
one thing in mind i did search awhile back and found out some things on turbos and super chargers that a supercharger can take from hp hen give it cuz of the extra pulley and that a turbos butter cuz i uses the exhaust fumes to work somethin like that sorry its been awhile since i read that but after all i read and looked up and i mean big Research turbo the way to go just thought to share that if i can find that site where i got my info i will post it here ASAP
A decent amount of us know the pros and cons of each. Basicly the potential of a supercharger isnt nearly as high as a turbo. If you just want a basic bolt on then a s/c might be for you...but personally no matter what my hp goal is if I'm going forced induction its a turbo. Soooo many more options/design, I like the sound better, you're not stock with it (can put it on a different car), you can get out cheaper if your going for a basic kit, ect.

·
Registered
164 Posts
DeRoc23 said:
Turbo is not better in every application, in the Reno maybe but thier are a lot of factors you have to measure, and trade offs.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
IncognitoSpec said:
Turbo is not better in every application, in the Reno maybe but thier are a lot of factors you have to measure, and trade offs.
Maybe true... but in most applications. What are some advantages of s/c over turbo anyway?

Off the line, less weight, different spacing issues. The first two are common stronge points...but actually the weight of a s/c might be more or at least the same. You can pick a any turbo and can get off the line boost if you want.

·
Registered
433 Posts
if your looking for forced intake and less stress on the engine without having to replace close to all of your eternals to push more psi with a turbo, than a supercharger is your best bet. personally from my group of car buddies ive seen more engine problems with those who run turbos. compared to one friend who ran a supercharger on his del sol, and never had a problem. they're less up-keep. besides trying to install a turbo on our cars, without having a direct bolt on kit can be hard and pricely, then youll have to spend a dramatically elongated time tuning the thing.

youve got your pros and cons between the two. and it depends on what you want in terms of power. or in our case its whatever becomes available...:p

·
Registered
321 Posts
now im wondering wat would be run better on our cars this new 2 speed supercharger or the BMS turbo option if only we can have both stats of the car with one of each product both dynoed i guess.......

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i dont think ill ever run really high boost unless i start racing on a track. as far as my reno goes, i'd be happy with just a 5 lb s/c. as much as i love the sound of a BOV, it's rare to hear about a modified car with an s/c around here. people that have stuff done to their cars dont get as far as an s/c or a turbo. people that have stock s/c or turbo usually dont touch it....but then again, that is here.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
renoinreno05 said:
if your looking for forced intake and less stress on the engine without having to replace close to all of your eternals to push more psi with a turbo, than a supercharger is your best bet. personally from my group of car buddies ive seen more engine problems with those who run turbos. compared to one friend who ran a supercharger on his del sol, and never had a problem. they're less up-keep. besides trying to install a turbo on our cars, without having a direct bolt on kit can be hard and pricely, then youll have to spend a dramatically elongated time tuning the thing.

youve got your pros and cons between the two. and it depends on what you want in terms of power. or in our case its whatever becomes available...:p
The only difference the engine sees between a turbo and s/c is more heat from a turbo. Not if you had a turbo running 10psi with a good intercooler and a s/c with the same I'm sure the s/c is creating more heat (without an intercooler).

Maybe, but how many people do you know with s/c over turbos? S/C are more model specific so its always a kit...alot of turbos were put togather by the person so more can go wrong. Both take the same amount of tunning really though it depends all on boost and the overall setup. The only shop I've gone to qouted me 4 hours to tune my car for two different boost setups and thats with a piggy back and msd ignition control.

DeRoc23 said:
now im wondering wat would be run better on our cars this new 2 speed supercharger or the BMS turbo option if only we can have both stats of the car with one of each product both dynoed i guess.......
BMS doesnt have a turbo kit...only turbo manifold.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes i know they only have the manifold but they still give you option for the turbo where u gonna put the turbo with out the manifold

·
Registered
433 Posts
hey kinks how much were you quoted for your turbo tune. my brother has about 80% of his turbo kit complete and he plans to tune it himself... i was going to look around, still will, just looking to see what you were quoted.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts