Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

So I finally made up my mind and want to buy a new top for my white, 92 Samurai.

After much consideration and thought, I want to go with a white top, just seems every other white Samurai in the country has a black top and I want mine to be a little different.

Now here is my problem, Which manufacturer to go with. I really want tinted windows as well as removable windows (zipper). Is there such a monster being made at this time? Any and all comments and help would be very much appreciated.

Hope you are all having a great weekend,
Dimitri

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I took a look and they do not offer on their site the sip out windows. I did send an email to Rampage about their tops, but have not yet heard back from them.

The search continues :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey, did ya make up your mind yet? We had a blast on South Padre Island driving the Sammy all 26 miles to the Port Mansfield cut every day! Used a Breeze-O-Top Safari, and a cheap Jeep cover from Ebay at night to keep off the dew. OEM White top barely held together for tow home :) Working on using 6mm Socket Head Cap Screw to replace Phillips head that are so freeking hard to hit !

·
Registered
59 Posts
My personal experience... I just bought my first Samurai in Dec 2011, it came with a well broken-in, Bestop Sprint top. I got a bow from a junkyard and a Rampage zip-out window top in March of 2012. I've put it on a couple times & it's a really, really nice top with tinted windows. Any top or lack thereof looks great on the right Samurai. I almost exclusively roll with the Sprint top. The wind sheer & noise, by comparison, are just fantastic on the Sprint top. I don't use a back seat & when I take the 160lb great dane to Starbuck's, I remove the whole top. I can also open the rear window & be back in the car in 30 seconds. I'm a Sprint top kinda guy. Also, I bet the black top will look great on some black wheels. My white Tracker w/ Black top came alive when I put some black 15x8's on it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, Thanks for the comments/replies.

Still looking to see if rampage makes a white with tint... zip out window top. No luck on the email, I will try to call them tomorrow.

Funny story Joe, I have a black sprint top and it just does not do it for me... But everyone likes something different so no worries.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rampage 98635

Black with tinted fixed windows on Amazon for $170, Ebay $140, both free shipping.

Only one comment on Amazon claiming loose fit over bow and "flaps a lot"

Any have experience with this brand/model?

White Sammy with new BFG 32's, black tinted Vent-Visors and 5" tint on top of Windshield :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats what i have, i think it fits pretty good.tint looks good,easy to see through while backing up,and doesnt seem to flap all that much to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah i kinda wish i had went with the zip out windows ..to late now though..i did the whole saw heater fix yesterday..and i got about a quart size bag of leaves out of it, have you done this yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts