Suzuki Forums banner

"New to you" Maintenance

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BCMac 
#1 ·
Hey folks - I have just picked up my first mini-truck. Its a 1991 Suzuki Carry 4x4, 660. It has been in Canada for some time now and off the road for about a year.

So far I have changed the oil but what other maintenance type work would you recommend doing? I don't know what fluids have been changed when or any other wear parts.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
So far I have changed the oil but what other maintenance type work would you recommend doing? I don't know what fluids have been changed when or any other wear parts.
Change them all, then you will know what has been done.

Engine oil & filter, transmission fluid, transfer case if it's 4WD, and front & rear axles, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, accessory drive belts - if it has a timing belt, check the mileage, if it's over the change interval, pull the timing cover and inspect - does it look new, if not, consider replacing it.

Inspect the brakes, disks, drums, pad/linings, replace if necessary, inspect the steering linkage for looseness or play, don't forget the suspension ball joints, replace if necessary.

This may look like a formidable (and expensive list), but if you tackle it a few items at a time, it's quite manageable, and you'll be done in a month or two.

#3 ·
Good point. No harm in doing it all if for nothing more than piece of mind. I am going to have to find a manual somewhere - they seem to be made of unobtainium - as I am more used to wrenching on tractors. Sort of like building with stone blocks vs building with lego.

I probably should have also mentioned it's got 88,000 km and 4WD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.