Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1991 samurai the other night and I am pretty stoked engine super clean and everything is super nice these little boogers are cool.I have owned jeeps landcruiser fj40 and I think this thing is awesome

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
You are right, these are cool. But they drive/handle/wheel like nothing you have driven before. they have their 'quirks'. I suggest you leave it as stock as possible for now and wheel it for awhile. You will appreciate its abilities much more that way.
Oh, and Welcome to the addiction!
;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I'm on the hunt for a Samurai. Specifically, I'm looking for the long wheelbase version with the skylights (?) on the side of the hardtop. Seeing as I don't even know what that model is yet, I guess I'd better do my research first. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Tell us where you are located Brothermoe, and we can give you a better idea of how hard (or how expensive) it will be to find a LWB.
The good news about the top, there is a company that is building NEW tops for the LWB so you don't have to try and repair one that's 20 years old.

*edit*
Forgot, I will get you some model numbers when i get home after work...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Billjohn. I happen to be from the Philippines so maybe some model numbers will do. There used to be a lot of those (LWBs) here but there are so few of them now that I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. My friend said that the specific model I'm interested in is more streamlined than the older versions but that description is really vague. Anyway, I'm just basically looking to replace my old clunker with something more durable. That said, I look forward to your reply sir and thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought a 1991 samurai the other night and I am pretty stoked engine super clean and everything is super nice these little boogers are cool.I have owned jeeps landcruiser fj40 and I think this thing is awesome
That's a funny looking hardtop you've got, but sure looks clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. I'm on the hunt for a Samurai. Specifically, I'm looking for the long wheelbase version with the skylights (?) on the side of the hardtop. Seeing as I don't even know what that model is yet, I guess I'd better do my research first. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction? Thanks![/QUO

Thread Hijacker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya the Hard top is a 2 piece removable I have a question about it though,I am obviously missing a few seals for the front part how were most of these sealed any pics or idea of what I need to seal the gaps all the way around

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Unfortunately that is a stock (factory) fiberglass removable top. They didn't have a real long lifespan when abused, so it is hard to find one in good condition. Yours looks pretty decent. I don't think anyone makes the factory weatherstripping anymore. You may have to head to the hardware store and see what will work and not look out of place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@91sami

I'm sorry I didn't realize I hijacked your thread buddy. I thought this was the hi and hello section for new members. Anyway, Mods please feel free to remove my posts in this thread. I will just create a new post. Sorry again...oh yeah, by the way, I like your hardtop bro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts