Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm Zach. I'm 25 and just moved to SW Florida and needed a new ride. I found an ad for a 88 samurai and thought I had to check it out. I looked it over, and it has a few quirks, but I had to have it. Paid the man and now I have a beautiful white samurai in my driveway.

Problems I currently have are as follows:
- There's no top except for the bikini top. This isn't bad, however I'd like to be able to keep some of the rain out in the summer when it's sitting.
- Also, there's no back seat at all. No brackets or anything. I really would like to get a back seat because I have a 5 year old and she's itching to go for a ride with me. Plus I'd like to be able to fit the lady and the little one in there at the same time.

So my questions, does anyone know about how much I would need for the soft top and whatever hardware I need to mount it? Also any leads on a back seat? I've looked all over google with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm Zach. I'm 25 and just moved to SW Florida and needed a new ride. I found an ad for a 88 samurai and thought I had to check it out. I looked it over, and it has a few quirks, but I had to have it. Paid the man and now I have a beautiful white samurai in my driveway.

Problems I currently have are as follows:
- There's no top except for the bikini top. This isn't bad, however I'd like to be able to keep some of the rain out in the summer when it's sitting.
- Also, there's no back seat at all. No brackets or anything. I really would like to get a back seat because I have a 5 year old and she's itching to go for a ride with me. Plus I'd like to be able to fit the lady and the little one in there at the same time.

So my questions, does anyone know about how much I would need for the soft top and whatever hardware I need to mount it? Also any leads on a back seat? I've looked all over google with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hey Zach. gratz on your new samurai. I'm also a newer owner. Actually in a short amount of time I'm on my second. Just love it! What you need for your top is the rear bow. You can check craigslist. I see in in my area pop up from time to time out here in southern california. I've seen them going for asking prices of between 80 bucks to 140.00. It mounts with two screws on each side. Simple install. You can also buy an upgraded stainless steel one from an online Suzuki after market place. Roadless gear or low range of road to name a couple. You can also check Craigslist for a rear seat. Its mounted with two large bolts at the front of the seat. There is a bracket that bolts down near the rear floor at the back that the seat locks into. You will need that as well. If you have trouble finding them lmk I can send you the number to a guy out here in Cali that has a lot of parts and his prices are very good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did a little more research and found lowrangeoffroad.com. I read good reviews about him so I ordered a new top bow, hardware kit, and new soft top. Shipped for less than 400. I'll keep everyone posted on how that turns out. Does anyone know if the little bikini top I have is an aftermarket piece? The new top will cover everything correct?

I'm still looking for a backseat. I don't have brackets or anything. Does anyone have leads on where I might find one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have had amazing luck with Mikodaindustries, I know hes on facebook, I have dealt with him plenty and recommend him highly. Let Mike know what you need.
OH yea, welcome!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts