Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Just got stationed in Japan and picked myself up a little island mobile. Its a 1990 Jimny ja11. Its got the turbo 660 motor. Im new to the jimny game and was wondering if you guys had any advice on first mods, or things to watch out for. Ive already got a set of wheels and tires that my friend is going to sell me. Any advice is appreciated! I attached some pics too so you guys can see what im working with.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
That looks really clean :) mods really depend on what are planning on doing with it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Drive it about for a while and see what it needs. I would be looking at some MTs and a 2" spring lift. It a narrow axle model so offset rims would be a good improvement, maybe a set of Samurai arches to cover them.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thats sweet, welcome to the board and congrats on the find.

My guess is it will need little no nothing, as it sits it will be remarkable for some light offroading. As suggested try it out first.

That thing looks like a riot to drive, I think a RH driver would be sort of cool over here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A set of all terrain tires . Snatch strap And A 4x4 buddy

Tires = Big as they can fit under it standard, I do some pretty crazy stuff in mine , Not bothered with a lift kit , As i say. Big wheels wont help stupid.A Big diffrence between crazy and stupid , that is untill your on your side

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input guys! I have driven it around for a few days now and Casey was right, it is a riot to drive!

Drive it about for a while and see what it needs. I would be looking at some MTs and a 2" spring lift. It a narrow axle model so offset rims would be a good improvement, maybe a set of Samurai arches to cover them.
What do you mean by a spring lift Rhinoman? Are you talking about leaf springs or actual shock springs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts