Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Suzuki Samurai
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
I am a French artist living in Miami since the COVID and I needed a car I could use to go to and from my studio with large pieces of art and use it to transport materials etc with ease... I just wanted to have a fun cute 4WD car and fell in love with the look of the Samurai. I found and bought a 1987 Suzuki Samurai near my studio by chance and I want to try to fix and repaint it so I can drive around.
And this is where I need help and guidance as I don't know much about mechanics etc,...
I am trying to see if there is a good mechanic in the Miami area that would do a great job at fixing this type of car as it has not been driving in a few years, I also need to repaint it and fix some rust holes.
I did leave it at a regular garage but the mechanic told me I have an issue with the transfer case not engaging properly and did not know how to fix it... I spent some time reading posts about this on this forum and it seems that the problem could be fixed by just replacing the shifter bushing/sheet...
I don't want to be taken advantage of because I am a woman with no knowledge in car engines so I am reaching out to see if someone knows of a good and honest mechanic near me who has the knowledge to make that car run with no problem. I have attached a photo of the car and the transfer case piece sent by the mechanic...
Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Valerie.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts