Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,im after a bit of help,well actually looking at this car we have here a lot of help:huh:.Firstly can anyone advise if there is any way to look up parts and numbers without actually going into the dealers.it s a 2 wheel drive 2008 sx4 there is just no diagrams i can find online.Keeping it simple heres a second question,we have the usual dodgy gear change.Now under the gearshift gaiter at the bottom of the stick is a black plastic locating collar that locks in place with a couple of bayonnete like tabs.Ours has two locating tabs but it looks like it should have a 3rd that has snapped off,can anyone confirm or post up a pic of this please ive looked at google images till my head hurts! Many hopefull thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just seen the service manual on here and it doesnt show the black plastic collar im talking about .i really need a photo and some way to acess the parts diagram with part numbers.Iguess suzuki would have them as an epc but not online?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh thanks ive looked at both of those,the short shift link shows the black plastic collar im talking about but its a quite different method of location to mine the exact opposite as it happens.that has the bayonets sticking into the colar,ours are part of the collar and sticking out into the body(well it has 2 and a slot for a third and that is the uncertainty),I will only be able to figure out if ours has a lug missing if someone takes a picture of theirs and puts it up :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
...it s a 2 wheel drive 2008 sx4 ...
Seeing from your other post that does not show in this thread, it seems you live in UK....and happily, Darrell who replied is also from UK....
CONtrary to SX4 in AMerica, European models have a larger combinaison of engines (1.6, DIesel..etc..) that may have very different components, hence it is very USEFUL that all details be filled up in your profile and signature (location, etc) to help everyone make all replies as relevant as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts