Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I recently purchased a '92 Geo Tracker and when I got it only one of the speakers worked and the factory head unit was crap. So I have a new head unit to put in but wanted to put a little work into the system, nothing fancy. I've done some research and found I need 4-4" speakers, but I wanted to bring in an amp and 2-6x9"s to bring in some mid level bass without a sub. So my question is I guess, where do I start looking? I want to make sure everything will work together, but I am so lost with ohms and crossovers and whatnot, I don't know which end is up anymore. If someone can clarify what I will need to look for when purchasing the components for this setup. Thanks in advance. Oh and I was also looking at putting in a Blaupunkt THb 200A slim powered sub in for some added bass. It's only an 8" and has a built in amp, nothing special or too big. If someone could help me sort all this out and put it into action I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
first thing. think about the physical layout of the system.if you want 6x9's where will the go? simple would be to run an amp to upgraded 4" speackers up front. have the powered 8 and go without rear fill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts