Suzuki Forums banner

new tintop in socal

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  derekAV 
#1 ·
hey all, im new to the zukies, just picked up an 86 tintop. so far i love it! first really project truck so im lookin for advise on the bolt on SPOA from rock road. pros/cons? also on my motor, i think theres a bracket for a chevy alternator, but its mounted on the opposite side as the stock one. so im curious if some guys run them that way? ill post pics later tonight or tomorrow.
thanks guys!

#2 ·
Welcome to the addiction... :D
where in SoCal are you located ?

You will find Rocky Road has a love/hate relationship with people. Either you have no problems or nothing but problems with the compnay.

May I suggest the following vendors (just to name a few of the great zuki places) :
Petroworks (in SoCal) : PetroWorks
Trail Tough : Welcome to the Trail Tough Products
Low Range : Suzuki Product Page

#3 ·
hello and welcome to the forums. RRO is a hit and miss thing. With the frequency of their misses, I wouldn't risk it. Kits often arrive missing pieces or parts and if you aren't paying close attention or you make the assumption they checked it before they shipped it, you could end up half way through your build before you realize you're missing a critical piece.

Too many reliable vendors out there to go with one that is known to be questionable. If there's a bracket mounted on the other side with nothing bolted to it, it could be a power steering setup that they scavenged before they sold it to you.

#5 · (Edited)
Usually the alternator is on the other side so it's not sucking its cooling air off of the exhaust manifold. They wouldn't need a second one unless they were using a dedicated on-board welder or something else that used a lot of current.

It's definitely not the Power steering pump, but it does look like the AC mounting bracket and adjuster bracket. Are there any other AC components or empty brackets for the reciever/drier, or the condenser? You have the twin groove pulley for the AC belt on the crank pulley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.