Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Wil I'm new to the Samurai thing. So I searched around a while and couldnt find anything. But first question does the whole piece around the windshield just unbolt/screw? like you can take that whole part off and replace it? if so that would be awesome and what size bit do you use? Next question I got it home and put it up on ramps to fix a squeeky belt and turned it off the starter kept running like turning it was disengauged from the flywheel thank goodness. Now does this mean it took a dump or should I check the wire for a short and does it just hook up to the key tumbler? I've never had that happen. Thanks for any help. Look foward to this thing being a good wheeler some day.
Peace,
Wil

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The windshield frame is removable, but for folks in the USA it can be made easier by adding a windshield fold down kit. Windshield Fold Down Kit
The screws come out with a #2 phillips if you are lucky, hammer and chisel if your not.
As for the starter, pull it and take it to your local Vatozone/Kragen/Shucks/etc. and have them test it for you. Sounds like it's gummed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the fast responce. Ha I just didnt want to try and figure out the bit size then take them out and be standing there trying to pull up the windshield with the girl lookin at me like i'm a idiot. I took my starter down to napa today and they hooked it up to test it, it shoots sparks out of it(not sure what that means) but I'm getting a new one so hopefully that will fix the problem. Any ideas on where to get a replacement windsheild frame mine has seen its days and is rusted out bad.
thanks,
Wil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts