Suzuki Forums banner

New Reno Owner Intro

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  RoseAshe 
#1 ·
Hello world! :)

Just thought I would finally post an intro, I have been lurking since the middle of the month.

I totaled my car and needed something quick that looked good and did not cost a lot of $$$$. I also wanted every option under the sun but settled for a nicely equipped 05 Suzuki Reno S model. It has some of the SWT add ons like the carbon fiber B pillars, body graphics, bumper protector, cargo net, SWT badging, and the key fob.

The Suzuki dealer I went through was very nice. Most of the sales pitch, etc happened over the phone which is something most dealers will not do. No last minute gouging or attempts to seperate even more cash from my purse. I think it helped that the Suzuki side of the dealership was really the red-headed stepchild. The other side of the dealer was a Saab dealership and the main part was GM. The poor Suzukis were parked on top of each other, in a tiny part of the lot. So far I have seen a total of one other Reno on the road and that was a bit north from my usual stomping grounds.

The reason I went with the standard model was due to the fact they had all of two LX models on the lot, both with automatic transmission. I wanted a stick and that base model is all they had. She will have a nice moonroof and foglights by the end of next year. Cruise control, alarm system, muffler, and rims after that.
Tinting will happen very soon as I am sensitive to bright light.

So that's my car and how I ended up with it in a nutshell.

Rose
A rose by any other name would still *** you with its thorns.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmmmm...Apparently New Member Intro is not the place to post intros. ;p

Yes, you can get cruise control on a manual shift vehicle. My Ford ZX2 was also a five speed manual with cruise control and it spoiled me.

I will have pics as soon as my baby is detailed. I had her for about a day before snow and ice moved in so she is very, very dirty at the moment. Since I still have a trip north to take, I am waiting until next weekend to have her done.

I forgot to add that the package came with the mid wing that sits just under the back window.

It's a nice looking vehicle, I just do not see any others around me as of yet.

Rose
A rose by any other name would still stick you with its thorns.

#4 ·
Originally posted by RoseAshe@Feb 1 2005, 06:04 AM
Hmmmm...Apparently New Member Intro is not the place to post intros. ;p
Yeah, sorry bout that...I know what you mean. My "hello" got thrown into the Photo Gallery :clap:

Im not really a fan of the Woo's, but sounds like you got a nice one! Id really like to see it, do you plan on taking any pics of it?

I know all of that goes against my charecter, but what can I say...I dig goth chics, and a goth chic in a cool unique car...thats so damn hott! Maybe Suzuki should consider this when marketing?

#5 ·
I have some pics (of the car) and will be posting them in a few moments down in the photo gallery. I decided to use my pressure washer to lightly wash the car. I managed to remove some of the grime but the rest will wait until I return from my trip.

The car rides beautifully. It's a shame that it does not sit just a tad closer to the ground but that can eventually be corrected with the correct springs.

As for Suzuki, do they actually market their cars? Sure they have all the glossy brochures at the dealership but I cannot remember seeing a Suzuki ad on TV (not that I watch a lot of TV).

I think if they would do a bigger push they could realise another large increase in sales. I priced their competitors and after adding in things like air condition ($995 on the Mazda 3), the Suzuki was the best bang for the buck. I was not too concerned about HP because 1) I do not race my vehicles outside a little acceleration fun from the red light and 2) I took one look at the engine and thought, "poor thing, they are hardly letting it breathe" so I knew there would be some simple HP gains.

Rose

#6 ·
Oh and a LOL on the goth comment and the fact that my car is black. :grin:

I originally wanted blue since black is almost impossible to keep looking spotless but the only manual transmission Reno was black. So yay for me to sticking to stereotypes.

RoseAshe

#8 ·
More like dusk or very early in the AM most of the time. Currently I have to avoid the light as much as possible because some meds make me very sun sensitive.

One place I lived at had super tight water restrictions in the summer. One night I finally got home from work and it was pouring outside. I ran in grabbed the bucket, sponge, and car soap. Hollered at the roomie that I would be back and went outside to wash the car. I could hear the neighbors nearby (they were on their balcony; apartment complex) as they asked one another, "What is she doing?" "Is she washing her car?" I had a great time as I love rain storms and the next morning my car looked great, especially compared to the other cars at the complex.

My doctor drops my meds and I should be good to go by this summer. It's been almost two years and I need a new bathing suit at this point. I LOVE the beach.

I plan to "goth it up" a bit in a few months, complete with dying my hair black and red (temporarily as I have beautiful blonde hair) and wings. I'll try to get someone to take a few pics of my car and me and post them here.

RoseAshe

#9 ·
Living in Florida(the heat) and me being a night owl...its really not all that uncommon for me to wash my car at 3am...sometimes later. Sometimes Ill do it after closing down a pub...sometimes just avoid hearing my neighbors saying(again) "Hey, you missed a spot" or being called "Mr Clean". Often times I do it just so I have the rest of the next day to detail it...as Ive been known to do so the entire day. Im just glad we have the weather to where I can do this stuff just about any day or night...and no friggin snow!

#10 ·
No snow?!? But then you miss a lot of fun. :grin:

I had a good time sliding the car around on the ice and snow this weekend. I think my mother thought I was kidding until I hit the gas and fishtailed down the road (very empty, only a few homes there). Lots of fun. Fortunately my ride home was snow free, the highways were very clean and I did not even hit an icy spot the entire way back.

My car was given a bath today. She's all pretty again and I even treated the interior afterwards.

RoseAshe

#12 ·
Congratulations on the purchase! BTW, SWT will be releasing performance parts hopefully by early next year.

#13 ·
Yes, but did they not say the same thing about this year? :p

I guess I will remain skeptical until they are released. Gives me more time to blow my $$$ on something else. :D

The Forenzas and parts are starting to show. I ran across an ad from a dealer that had an 05 Forenza with the supercharger, new hood, etc. Personally I thought it looked bad (meaning horrible, as in was fugley) as far as style went but to each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.