Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My license plate holder is still in the making so dont laugh at my redneckin....lol

So,any ideas on what I can do to fill the areas at the bottom of my quarters where the bumper ends used to be? They look really bare now..

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
That's a nice bumper - aren't red reflectors a legal requirement where you are?

For the rear quarters - diamond plate - like you have on the doors.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinkn dimond plate??Id have to have it bent and shaped right though..Ive not heard of that requirement?I was a cop in nashville for 5 yrs and I never wrote a ticket for it?lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you got me curious so I called a buddy thats a traffic officer and there is no requirement for red reflectors to the rear in tn just red stop lights.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Corners in Diamond aluminum plate

To do mine I made a template for each side...one had Gas filler notch.
They are not just rounded but have a bevel to them...once u make a template u will kno what I mean. I used heavy card stock.
Once cut to the right dimensions I took my heavy welding gloves and a rubber mallet to the gate post that eyeballed to the right curve and banged on the aluminum til it fit...many trips back and forth. Once it fit snug on the corner I laid a bead of clear silicon on the edge and snugged it against the corner.
Finding a drill bit that fit the poprivets I planned to use then drilled holes and riveted the corners on.
If u use silicon they say spit on the finger is the best way to remove excess from the edges of the diamond plate.
Mine work and still there after 2 years of salt in the road and much off road use.
Some do not use silicon but to replace it be sure to paint the holes in the Sami body to stop the holes rusting out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts