Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2001 Grand Vitara V6 about a week ago and am monitoring my fuel consumption on my first full tank of fuel. It seems that at this point, my little "honey" is acting more like a "hog"! What is the normal mpg for this model?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 2001 5 door Grand Vitara 2.5 V6 1 month ago,after two tanks full of fuel,consumption is 23mpg.That is on short local driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Give it a chance, a brand new engine has to go through a break in period. Most new vehicles will begin to show fuel milage improvement around 5,000 miles.
I noticed you're from Cannonsburg, Pa. I'm in Conway,Beaver County,Pa. and if you used your 4 wheel drive at all over the last few weeks during one of our snow storms that will drastically cut your fuel economy.

I just purchased my 2004 XL-7 and I yhought my fuel economy was garbage but then I realized I had used the 4X4 and I did not take into consideration that the fuel tank was smaller than my last vehicle and I was stopping for gas more often. I checked my milage and I was bot as bad as I thought.

Like I said give iy some time to break in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys and gals i have a suzuki vitara and i had high fuel consumption, try having a look at the carburetors or the injection system it's usually that, on the carb engine the neddle flow valve in the carb might be jammed open and over fueling. with injection engines i haven't got a clue sorry guys and gals

·
Registered
32 Posts
XLDan is right. let the motor break in. You should be able to get better gas mileage after about 5000 miles. Another thing I noticed on my Suzuki Forenza and the wife's XL7 is they get better mileage with synthetic oil in them. Ohh if you do have a 4x4 don't expect great gas mileage especially if you use it alot.

i'll check the XL7 and let you know much mileage we get.

ltr :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts