Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just purchased a Suzuki Alto 2013 but have realised that my steering wheel doesn't lock in place when the engine is off and the key has been taken out of the ignition. Is this the case with all Altos or does mine have a fault?

I thought all cars had this as standard!

Thank you

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Hello,

I've just purchased a Suzuki Alto 2013 but have realised that my steering wheel doesn't lock in place when the engine is off and the key has been taken out of the ignition. Is this the case with all Altos or does mine have a fault?

I thought all cars had this as standard!

Thank you
try rotating your wheel a 1/2 turn and see if the locking pawl engages, if it does, no problems, if it doesn't, the locking mechanism is faulty

·
Super Moderator
12,097 Posts
I don't know what the new Altos are like but mine (early '90's) did NOT have a steering lock, even though the ignition switch was on the column, right where a steering lock would fit.

One of the guys that worked with me would often go home with the key and I would hot wire the car and go get them from him.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I don't know what the new Altos are like but mine (early '90's) did NOT have a steering lock, even though the ignition switch was on the column, right where a steering lock would fit.

One of the guys that worked with me would often go home with the key and I would hot wire the car and go get them from him.
the 2012 alto my sister owns has a steering lock. Wonder if its locale specific?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts