Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined forum!

Just got 07 Reno in Sunburst Metallic last week.

13k miles, Auto, power, keyless.

Here's my problem, the dealer ran the VIN and said the keyless entry guts ARE in the car, just need a remote. They are ordering me a remote/key thing tomorrow unless I stop them.

Could ANYONE tell me or show me where to get one of these online? Dealer wants $150 ... for a KEY (with remote integrated).

I'm SURE there's a way to get one cheaper. I've searched and searched the forums and Google to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and glad to be here!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
the only way i know of is to have the dealer get it. theres a code that needs to be programed into the key in order for it to work with your specific car.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi, just joined forum!
Could ANYONE tell me or show me where to get one of these online? Dealer wants $150 ... for a KEY (with remote integrated).
Got one for 5$ on eBay... then paid 20$ to get it programmed in the car. Scrap yards might be another source.

Try to find used keys (with integrated keyfob), then cut the key part from it. You'll get nice cheap keyfobs that way.

Be sure the part is for a Optra/Forenza/Reno, as I don't think they're compatible with other GM/Suzuki cars.

Otherwise, 150$ per key is the same I was quoted when I asked for a 3rd key at delivery. I opted for the standard, no remote, 10$ key.

·
Registered
13 Posts
u can buy a keyless entry remote for like 50 bucks at any local wal-mart or automotive store. all u need is the code to the box located inside of ur car that works the entry. i had to do that when i dropped my keys in the lakes to my explorer. the dealership want 250 for it but i got mine at auto zone and then had someone program it for me for 20 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts