Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a 98 Chevy Tracker and it is a soft top. The plastic piece that sits on the tailgate is broken which causes the soft top to be loose. From what I have read the piece that is missing is what holds the retainer clips. I just need to know where I can locate this part and even what it is called. :) I do not want water in my vehicle so the sooner the better.

Thank you very much.

·
Super Moderator
26,904 Posts
Try searching using Suzuki Sidekick, rather than Tracker, as the Sidekicks are better supported (and your car is essentially a Sidekick). This piece is just called 'trim' and identified by its location. It's part #22 halfway down this page:
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store
$70 at the dealer, or try a local junkyard. Sometimes you can also find someone who is parting out a car. Sidekicks and Trackers from 1995-1998 will have this piece.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine is the same way and I haven't looked too hard for the pieces. What I do is run a bungee cord through the spare tire, and hook it to the rod near each end of the top. This keeps a gentle outward force to hold the window lip outside of the tailgate, and therefore keeps pretty much all of the water out. Otherwise the back window gets sucked in when I drive and invites water in.

Mine is a 91 so I'm not sure of the differences, but if yours is similar, this is something you can do until you find the pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.