Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to Everyone.

I bought a cheap '85 Sierra (Samurai?) the other day, and when looking around for info about them i ran into this place. It looks like a great site. Theres a stack of good info here and the natives seem friendly.

The car cost a 1000 bucks and needs repairs, but I couldn't resist taking it over the road into the bush for a try out before I started fixing it. What a beast! I gotta say I'm hooked. (Slightly obsessed might be a better way of putting it.)

Unfortunately its going to be off the road/bush track for a bit while I work on it. But I actually like working on this car, which certainly hasn't been the case with some of the useless bombs I've owned in the past. I really like the straight-forward, no-frills construction of the thing. And the fact that stuff is a manageable size.

So far I've only done minor stuff... a bush on the TC lever, replace the drag link and the fuel pump. One rear spring has a broken leaf and the other side spring looks tired, theres oil coming out of a couple of places, the wheel bearings are crook etc etc. Seems like every time I look at or under it i find something else. I dont care though, I'm having fun!:)

I'd better stop rambling on... put it down to beginner's enthusiasm. I dont know anything really about these cars so Im hoping to learn plenty of stuff here. But I've worked on many other vehicles so hopefully i can contribute something back to the forum in a general sort of way.

cheers wobbygong (aka Charlie)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BillJohn.
Yeah addiction seems like the right word.. (better look out they might make it illegal one day).

·
Registered
117 Posts
everyone with a samurai loves them... they are amazing and if you treat them right theyll treat you right...stock theyll go where lifted jeeps wont... i wish you luck with yours and i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy all of mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Youre right, even though Ive done nothing but fix it for the last week i think i like it better than any other car Ive owned before. Its the weekend and i am actually looking forward to getting up early to cut the rust out! You gotta wonder.
cheers
charlie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts