Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Joined to learn more about my 86' Samurai. I inherited it from my Dad recently. I'm looking to figure out turn signals ,why front hubs don't lock, how to do home made body lift etc.
Cool site.
Larrydawg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Someone has put trailer taillights on it I read somewhere on this sight that they won't work right or something like that.( I suffer CRS!) The front turnlights flash when hazards are on.
Other than needing little things it's a solid little SUV.
Going to be a fun little project and It only has 64,855 miles on it.
Thanks again
Larrydawg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great acquisition. I had blinker issues to and turns out it was a fuse in the fusebox was making a poor connection. Having a whole vehicle schematic is nice. Check in the acks faq section or PM me your email addy and I'll send you a full schematic. Enjoy the nice ride, is it a ragtop or tintop?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Someone has put trailer taillights on it I read somewhere on this sight that they won't work right or something like that.( I suffer CRS!) The front turnlights flash when hazards are on.
Other than needing little things it's a solid little SUV.
Going to be a fun little project and It only has 64,855 miles on it.
Thanks again
Larrydawg
Hi Larrydawg!

For some reason, people like to rewire the rear bumper with combination Stop/Turn lamps and a trailer conversion unit. They do this to reduce the number of light fixtures needed for an aftermarket bumper. Unless you hold your mouth just right and happen to buy the right converter (the Hopkins #48896 is said to work) the tail lights end up doing wacky stuff.

I always recommend that owners stick with the factory wiring - the "separate bulb for every circuit" setup. It works and, with the addition of a Novita EP34 electronic flasher unit (ask for this SPECIFIC unit at the auto parts store!) you can successfully convert to LED lamp operation.

Check out my website's search engine using the search words diagram and led for detailed explanations. The link is in my signature, below.

I hope that this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts