Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I'm new to Suzuki Forums.
This past summer I bought my first Samurai. An all stock 1 owner 1988 with 106k mi. Now this past February I picked up a 1.6L-8V to swap in. I have heard that I will need to lift the Samurai so the oil pan will clear. Is this true and if so what are the best low cost options. I will be driving 70% on blacktop ,25% on sand "beach" and 5% on trails.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Mr. Assateague.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't believe the oil pan is a problem. I do know the 1.6 is a little taller, and a 3/4" body lift might be required, depending on whether or not you run fuel injection, or, carburetor. You can always cut a hole in your hood, but I think that's a terrible solution. :eek:

Complete swap instructions from Low Range Off Road:

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/downloads/instructions/SEU-16SK_Suzuk-Samurai-1.6L-Engine-Swap-Adapter-Kit.pdf

If you have any other questions about the swap, I'd send them an email, or, call. They're a good bunch and will help you out. ;)

Low Range Off Road: One Stop for Suzuki and Toyota Off Road Parts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You'll need a lift if you run the 1.6 oil pan, usually the 1.3 pan is used with a modified oil pick up pipe. A hood scoop may be needed, personally I prefer that to a body lift which raises the centre of gravity for little reason. Petroworks sell engine mounts that lower the engine a little to avoid any clearance issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts